The aria-valuetext attribute value is string together with the aria-valuenow attribute as an indicator for a range widget element, the value may only contain a string that is set by the developer. The purpose of the aria-valuetext is to contain a text value based on the range or the widget that has a representing number for each value. The function of the aria-valuetext is to hold a readable text or relevant information that will be transmitted to the assistive technology and to the user. The developer can use the aria-valuetext to provide a range of information on the widget that can be useful for the users. The aria-valuetext can be used in the range widget element, to be used for the slider, meter, or scrollbar. The aria-valuetext can be used with other aria labels such as aria-valuenow, aria-valuemin, and aria-valuemax.
What is the function of the “aria-valuetext” ARIA Label?
The function of the aria-valuetext is to hold a readable text or string value information that will be communicated to the assistive technology and will be interpreted by the user. The aria-valuetext can only contain a string value where, it is defined by range through an identifier ARIA Label like aria-value now as to what value the aria-text presently contains, it is dependent on each other. The assistive technology depends on the value the aria-valuetext provides and not the aria-valuenow. The aria-valuetext defines a text value that is equivalent to the corresponding number that points to the string value of the aria-valuenow, the string value is the only acceptable information that the assistive technology uses.
What are the uses of the “aria-valuetext” ARIA Label?
Listed below are the uses of the “aria-valuetext” ARIA Label.
- Rangle role: It is a type of structure role that is a superclass, it accepts range values from a meter, progressbar, and slider elements.
- Spinbutton role: Is an input widget that defines a range that contains a range that is restricted to a set of discrete values.
- Scrollbar role: It is a graphical interface that can be interacted by a keyboard or mouse pointer to scroll a view either up or down. Content can only be scrollable if the content exceeds the size of the screen and will only be viewed by scrolling down to see more information or content.
- Meter role: It defines a range that possesses a numeric value through a graphical display, examples are battery load percentage and engine temperature gauge.
- Slider role: It has a minimum and maximum value that is imputed through the widget, it can be interacted with by the user and selected within the given value.
Example Uses of “aria-valuetext” ARIA Label
Listed below are the example uses of the “aria-valuetext” ARIA Label.
The aria-valuetext attribute is used to represent text information equivalent to the integer value, it possesses a string value that can be used along with other ARIA labels aria-valuemin, aria-valuemax, and aria-valuenow.
<div role="progressbar" aria-valuenow="20" aria-valuemin="0" aria-valuetext="Step Number 2" aria-valuemax="100"> Step Number 2 </div>
<div role="slider" aria-valuenow="1" aria-valuemin="1" aria-valuemax="12" aria-valuetext="January"> </div>
<div role="progressbar" aria-valuenow="20" aria-valuemin="0" aria-valuetext="Progress Level 2" aria-valuemax="100"> Progress Level 2 </div>
<div id=”content1″>This is a scrollbar</div> <div role=”scrollbar” aria-controls=”content1″ aria-orientation=”vertical” aria-valuemax=”100″ aria-valuemin=”0″ aria-valuenow=”25″ aria–valuetext=”Quarter of the control”> <div class=”scrollhandle”></div> </div>
<div role="slider" aria-valuenow="1" aria-valuemin="1" aria-valuemax="5" aria-valuetext="Level 1"> </div>
Listed below are the related ARIA Labels to “aria-valuetext”.
- aria-valuenow: The aria-valuenow is related to aria-valuetext because they are both defining the range of the widget. The aria-valuenow may contain identified values between the range that is set from the range widget, it can hold string values as well.
- aria-valuemin: The aria-valuemin is related to aria-valuetext because they are both defining the range of the range widget. The aria-valuemin contains the minimum or the lowest value set from the range, it holds integer or decimal values that can be equal to or greater than the minimum value set.
- aria-valuemax: The aria-valuemax is related to aria-valuetext because they are both setting the range widget value. The aria-valuemax contains the maximum or last value in a form of a numeric value that is set from the element, the maximum value can equal or less than the maximum value set.
- Adverse vs Averse: Difference between Them and How to correctly use them - January 25, 2023
- Cloth, Clothe or Clothes: Difference between Them and How to correctly use them - January 17, 2023
- Bridal vs Bridle: Difference between Them and How to correctly use them - January 9, 2023