Topical Authority is a positive ranking state. The concept of Topical Authority is founded, and integrated into the semantic SEO discipline with the “Importance of Topical Authority Case Study”. The same case study explained concepts within the scope of Semantic SEO, such as Topical Borders, Topical Coverage, Topical Maps, and Historical Data.
All these concepts proved that Topical Authority is a reality, and many concepts such as RankMerge and Knowledge-based Trust, and Contextual Search Engines are integrated into the ranking systems of Popular Search Engines.
To further deepen and explain the Topical Authority concept, Semantic Content Networks, Quality Thresholds, Topical Borders, Topical Gaps, Topical Prioritization, Contextual Vectors, Contextual Coverage, Contextual Layers, and Hierarchy, Cross-lingual Information Retrieval, Contextual Domains, Semantic SEO Introduction, Broad Index Refresh, Topical Consolidation, Initial Ranking, Re-ranking Used, Ranking Signal Consolidation in SEO Case Studies explain the concepts of Selection Satisfaction, Search Engine Trust, Author Authority and Rank, Context Sharpening, and Signalling. To deepen the Semantic SEO with Multilingual SEO and Multiregional SEO, guides are written because Semantic SEO is language-agnostic, but it works differently for Cross-lingual Information Retrieval.
The latest research to explain the concept of Topical Authority, Lexical Relations, and Lexicosemantics for SEO, is the most controlled and rich case study published in SEO history, with 26 sample full-scale SEO studies, and open search console data. Later, I published articles for specific industries by using semantics and Holistic SEO approach such as B2B SEO Guide.
To extend the concept of Topical Authority and make it fully usable by SEOs, the concepts that will be unveiled today are “Source Context, Brand Identity, and Contextual Bridges”.
To understand this SEO Case Study, you should read the previous case studies marked with the links above.
“Information Responsiveness” and “Cost-of-Retrieval” will be explained later with case studies published in book form with the names below.
- Importance of Information Responsiveness for SEO: How to Balance PageRank?
- Semantic SEO and Cost of Retrieval for Search Engines: Balance of Relevance, Quality, and Cost of Documents for Indexing
- How Search Engines Know Everything You Meant to Ask
The Semantic SEO Course for explaining Topical Authority further to “Change SEO Culture”, is designed for beginners, the advanced module with 55 hours of semantic SEO training will be given only to people who show success with the initial modules.
To learn when the Semantic SEO Course comes, and on which website you can enroll, be on the join-list with Holistic SEO Newsletter.
As a personal note from the author of this SEO Case Study.
“I conceptualized and defined Topical Authority to change the SEO Culture. It also became a mainstream SEO media concept, demonstrating the power search philosophy behind the advanced holistic SEO methodologies that I employ. But, the biggest happiness from SEO comes from the positive impact on people’s lives, and the friendships that come from this change. In this SEO Case Study, you will see two lovely people who visited me and trained me, with their results. I hope we can meet one day and share the same feelings.”
A meaningful memoir for me to remember in the future, and feel why I started to teach Semantic SEO.
Background of the SEO Case Study
The main reason why I mostly prefer newly established brand-new domains for Topical Authority is that no dirty data from the past is in the search engine’s memory. Therefore, all I have to deal with is the creation of a topical map and a semantic content network. I can set up a new domain as a “web entity” as I want. However, on existing websites, there may be inconsistencies between the direction the project should go and the direction it has come from in the past.
This project will explain how the topical maps are extended by considering 5 different real-world SEO Projects with open names, faces, and naked data. Real education focuses on results, and action, not on tools, or fancy slides. This SEO case study explains in layman’s terms how to expand a topical map to establish better topical authority.
First Website: Over 110% Organic Click and 7,000+ Top 1-3 Ranking Query Increase
Background of SEO Project: TeamColorcodes.com is the subject of an SEO A/B Test that is performed inside the “contextual Search SEO Case Study”. The question generation, and answering with certain pairs, while increasing the “prose-type of content’s existence” inside the content is used. The structured and unstructured language has to be used together for better relevance and search engine communication. This was one of the best proof that the teachings from Search Engine Patents such as “Candidate Answer Passage Scoring” works like a charm for SEO.
The owner of this company has sent me two gifts. One of them has the words of John Mueller for the Dear Rebecca Barbel and Me on glass, another one has the words of Bill Slawski on Holisticseo.digital’s Theoretical SEO section.
The specific last 16 months of performance for the project with the organic search and impression increase is below as naked.
- Topical Map of SEO Project: The Topical Map of the SEO Project for Teamcolorcodes.com focuses on “team color codes with different formats, as structured and unstructured”. How can we play with Microsemantics to have higher relevance for such a templatic content, and topic? The “Information Extraction from Templatic Content” requires more “Information Extraction Points”, and “repetitiveness of the evidence” with different semantically close predicates” with different Tense, Aspect, and Modality pairs as in Formal Semantics.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: To expand the topical map of the Teamcolorcodes, there are three ways. These are “covering more entities from the same type”, “covering more attributes from already existing entities”, and “deepening the context with further consistency”. Different taxonomies and ontologies show the way for entity-oriented searches, such as using “other leagues”, “other football teams”, “team color codes, and team colors on uniforms, logos”, or “team color sections, and their meanings”, “team color percentages compared to each other”.
This is a screenshot from the client that shows the web pages that are created with the new format keep users longer on the web pages with a lower bounce rate.
I know many of you will ask me why. Semantics live inside your brain. Read Google Patents, and listen to your inner voice.
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: The biggest obstacle to creating a semantic content network is training an author. Luckily, Teamcolorcodes and Paul Jensen have a great team and personalities in their team. Thus, the main obstacle for this project was understanding which phrases and attributes are weighted more, and how these weights change over time. Because you do not always rank higher, it ranks higher, then lower, then higher again. Understanding “How does Google Rank” is a key to optimizing content networks.
- Results for the SEO Project: Over 110% Organic Search Click Performance Increase, 7,000+ 1-3 Ranking Queries, 400+ 4-10 Ranking Queries, 17,000+ Total New Ranking Queries.
- Thanks to Holistic SEO & Digital Testimonial:
“Working with Koray on Teamcolorcodes has been a great experience so far. It’s a lot of work to get everything right and do it ‘the Koray way’, but the results are there, so it’s all worth it. The focus of this project has been completed on semantic content, and we’ve edited many pages. We monetize Teamcolorcodes.com with ads and one very nice side effect we’ve seen is that the RPM of the pages we applied Koray’s strategies to, increased by a lot because of all the extra content that was added to the pages (more content = of course, more room for ads).”
Paul Jensen, Owner of Flaticons
Second Website: Over 245% Organic Click and 39,000 Total Ranking Query Increase
- Background of SEO Project: Kanbanize.com focuses on Kanban Dashboards, for efficiency management, and business teams’ working flows improvement. Kanbanize.com is one of the largest companies for Kanban Charts. A topical map and over 200 content brief designs with certain templates, training, and recordings are left to the team of Kanbanize.com. The company’s results are published 1 year after the actual work to protect its overall authority. To have a permanent topical authority, a source needs to have positive query log sessions with user satisfaction signals. A source that is prioritized for a topic might be replaced by another one, but to make it sticky, or permanent, the source needs to stay in the results with higher click satisfaction for a certain amount of time to be approved. Search Engine Tolerance and Source Prioritization are related to other concepts that I use for describing these search engine behaviors. For example, in the Holistic SEO Case Study and Tutorial, to be an authority, and increase organic traffic by over %5000 we implemented technical SEO. Then, we lost all the Technical SEO improvements, but we didn’t lose the rankings despite we gained the rankings thanks to Technical SEO improvements. Because, the source already has proven itself, and it has a positive Ranking State. To understand Ranking State, Search Engine Tolerance, and Source Prioritization, you can read the related guide. In short, waiting for 1 year to publish the Kanbanize.com results come from respect to this lovely team.
- Topical Map of SEO Project: The topical map of the SEO Project had many gaps at the beginning. It was mainly focusing on the “Kanban Charts”, and only the “query phrases” for Kanban Charts. But, lexicosemantics and conceptual maps work differently in query semantics, and query networks. The Kanban Charts serve a purpose, and they have alternatives, similarities, or complements of other implementations. “Task Management”, “Task Efficiency”, “Team Management”, “Business Charts”, “Business Efficiency”, and “Business Management” is the main expansion points with 100s of other sub and side-topics, and contexts for the Kanbanize.com for better historical data, and overall contextual relevance, and consolidation.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: To expand the topical map of the project, the existing content network has to be examined. And, the homepage, and some best sub-pages in terms of query count, and external links were differently organized compared to the competitors’ work. The query networks’ borders and web pages’ conceptual borders were not symmetric. Thus, some revision briefs and extra semantic content networks are united for better harmony for the neural nets of users that type the queries and select the results. Neural nets represent the perception map of people, and it is the concept that inspires neural networks for Deep Learning.
- Obstacles for the Semantic Content Network: While improving relevance for Q1, you can decrease the relevance for Q2. The distance between Q1 and Q2 represents the overall relevance between different web document sections. If sections are discordant with each other, or if these queries are centroids for different query clusters, the document will lose its ranking signals. Thus, the biggest obstacle was expanding the topical maps between T1 and T2, grouping and sharing the queries between existing web pages, and newly designed web pages, assigning queries to topics correctly and signaling them on the anchor texts.
- Results for the SEO Project: %245 Organic Click Increase, 39,000+ New Ranking Queries, 7,000+ New 1-3 Ranking Queries, 5350 New 4-10 Ranking Queries.
- Thanks to Holistic SEO & Digital Testimonial:
“Koray’s expertise is a mix of hardcore SEO topics, in-depth technical knowledge, and a vast experience in various industries. He’s very diligent and pedantic about the task to be delivered and has definitely raised the bar high. On top of that, he’s a nice and pleasant person to work with. Highly recommended!”
Dimitar Karaivanov – CEO of Kanbanize.com
“Koray’s technical SEO expertise has been a great asset to our team. He helped us dive deep into SEO and really understand some advanced topics, which have been very helpful for our organic performance. He’s always open to answering questions and providing advice for handling complex issues that can elevate anyone’s SEO performance!”
“Koray is one of the best SEO experts I’ve ever met. His knowledge and expertise in the field are beyond the boundaries of traditional SEO practices. Koray goes deeper than usual in every aspect of SEO science including, semantics, keyword research, article structure, technical SEO, and others.”
The 5 months of later version of the same graphic is below.
The 3-month-later graphic is below.
Third Website: Over 1200% Organic Click and 3600 Total Ranking Query Increase
- Background of SEO Project: Snuffstore.de is a German, and German-based Tobacco, and E-cigarette aggregator, as an E-commerce brand. The Snuffstore.de has many other side-projects or components from the same industry, thus the brand has enough level of expertise, and historical data, but the actual content, and the web page layout of the project were problematic.
- Topical Map of SEO Project: The existing topical map of the company doesn’t have nearly any informational content, and there are no reciprocal links between information and commercial links. The e-commerce websites need definitional, and commercial guides to define the attributes of the brands, and compare the products to each other. The product review, and product selling content have to be paired with each other. The e-commerce category, product pages, product suggestions, and informational content were good enough to rank until a point.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: To expand the topical map of Snuffstore.de, the product definitions, brand and manufacturers, types, subtypes, parts, and their own definitions, and types, their connections for health are used. And, “smoking” related addictiveness, along with smoking alternatives are added to the existing topical map with better connectedness. The company leveraged the semantic SEO for product pages too to define products for a better buying experience, and product context coverage.
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: The main obstacle to the semantic content network is the base language, which is German. The semantic connections and query networks change from German to English, thus a translation, and translator guide were needed for the projects. Another problem is the senential Natural Language Processing needed further optimization for the project. Thus, the training of authors is targeted.
- Results for the SEO Project: Snuffstore SEO Project has acquired %1200+ Organic Growth for 3 Months Y-o-Y Comparison, and a %2700 Organic Search Impression increase with new 3,600+ total ranking queries which most focus on direct conversion queries with products.
- Thanks to Holistic SEO & Digital Testimonial: “Running businesses in several different verticals online and across borders, we have become dependent on working with top-skilled professionals to get the results and placements we need for our web-based entities. Mr. Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR is one of the most knowledgeable people we have come across in the SEO space. Working with him, we have been able to improve existing assets as well as launch new campaigns to drive growth.”
The three weeks after version of the specific results graphic is below.
The 3 months of comparison from GSC for organic search performance change with Topical Authority is below.
The Google Search Console performance graphic is below.
Fourth Website: Over 5150% Organic Click and 45,000+ Total Ranking Query Increase
- Background of SEO Project: Encazip.com is an aggregator for Energy Consumers for energy distributors mainly. But, thanks to organic search success in building the brand from 0, the company decided to focus on credit and insurance too. Thus, good SEO success can make a company go beyond its own limits by gaining expertise. Encazip.com is an important brand because even people from the British Throne have a share inside the company, such as Henry Morgenthau. I started to work with Encazip.com nearly 2 years ago, it was one of the first clients of Holistic SEO & Digital. The first version of the SEO Case Study is published in Authoritas when the project reaches 60,000+ Organic Clicks. I updated the SEO Case Study three more times with new improvements from every vertical of SEO, and today it exceeded 500,000+ organic clicks a month. The last update for this Holistic SEO Tutorial and Case Study is done in November 2022. The project will probably be updated in later stages to its special place for me, despite my high intensity, and some other prioritization.
- Topical Map of SEO Project: The Topical Map of Encazip.com SEO Project focuses on the energy, energy consumption, energy science, energy production, energy definition, and scientists for energy subtypes. This topical map is also created by Holistic SEO. But, when the company decides on expansion, a contextual bridge is needed between the energy topical map, and credit, along with the insurance. With this said, the consumption, and production come from lexicosemantics for this specific topical map.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: To Expand the Topical Map of Encazip.com, a roof context is needed which is “money saving”, “financial independence”, “financial well-being”, “financial literature”, “finance and energy”, “finance and credit”, “finance and insurance”. The company has its own subtopics
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: The main obstacle to this semantic content network is the fast-growing contextual expansion. Thus, the other products and industries that the brand wants to go into are halted. It also shows that SEO Managers have to be business consultants at the same time, and they should be able to convince the brands not to risk their digital existence. And, source context or primary focus of the website is protected thanks to contextual bridges and fast-growing momentum for content production. The internal links still were/are missing, and many paragraphs need revising, but initial rankings mainly come from the established authority of the web source, proper contextual vectors, and coverage in every article.
- Results for the SEO Project:
From 10,000 to over 500,000 organic click increase, 38,000 new total ranking queries, 3722 top 3 ranking new query, 6,005 4-10 ranking new query, 7,572 11-20 ranking new query, and 20000+ 20-100 ranking new organic search query is acquired.
The results for the newly created Credit Subfolder are below.
The credit section’s topical map focuses on credit guides, and credit calculation, along with credit calculation formula, credit interest rates for every bank, numeric amount, or factors, and criteria. Only, 20% of this topical map is completed at the moment.
The results for the newly created insurance subfolder are below.
The insurance topical map below focuses on types, definitions, differences, brands, claims, laws, and coverages of the insurance for every type of good, and product, with every type of detail, but only 10% of it is completed yet.
Thanks to Holistic SEO & Digital Testimonial:
“We acknowledge the importance of SEO with no doubt, however, we would rather approach this subject to be one of the foundations of our corporate culture. I believe we have achieved the establishment of SEO culture in encazip.com thanks to Koray, and I am looking forward to being a part of more case studies on this very important subject.”
Çağada Kırım, CEO, Encazip.com
“The more important a brand’s image, the more important SEO and Code Performance are. SEO and Front-end Development can work together to create a better brand image by taking users to the most usable and accessible website for their intents.”
“Our work with the Holistic SEO Approach was at a new level of difficulty for us. Every SEO meeting was like an education and ended with a to-do list that included a lot of hard work.”
“Since the day we started working with Mr. Koray, his work has always had positive effects on encazip.com.
He also taught our team a lot about both SEO and technical SEO. Our work, with the guidance of Mr. Koray, has always ended well. He contributed a lot to encazip.com to become what it is today.”
Fifth Website: Over 120% Organic Click and 561,000+ Total Ranking Query Increase
- Background of SEO Project: TheCoolist.com has a special place for me due to its owner, Alex Ion and Diego Villana. They are both special people who focused on my teachings, concepts, and lectures, and they have proven to me that the Semantic SEO Course will be successful because they were able to repeat the process for other topics by creating over 500,000+ Organic Clicks a month. TheCoolist.com has a distracted topical map which means it was focusing on whatever is searched most without a connection to each other. The grouper concepts, definitions, and strongly-connected components (as I said in other case studies) were missing. And, still, in some of the sections, it is missed. Thus, the homepage of the website has to be changed to show the newly created sub-categories with a better hierarchy. The purpose of changing the homepage is “Source Context Re-definition”, by re-adjusting the core of the website, and its semantic content network. This is what Google calls the “primary focus” of the website, and what I call “Source Context” which will be processed heavily inside the semantic SEO Course that I will be publishing soon.
- Topical Map of SEO Project: The topical map of TheCoolist.com is unique because the source context of the website has a connection to the many different parts even if they are scattered without a proper N-gram share or topicality connection. These things might come from colors, architecture, science, and mythology. Thus, there are two sub-folders are created during the project, one is for personality types, and the other one won’t be told here for now.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: To expand the topical map, you should find a topical gap. The topical gap concept that I have found for semantic SEO teachings represents a contextual disconnectedness between different topics. To expand the topical map, the chosen topical map should have at least 3 side contextual bridges. From personality types to love, marriage, colors, architecture, or even pets, there are many connections to create, including career roles, choices, and any numeric value that we can use inside the titles.
- Obstacles for the Semantic Content Network: The obstacles of the semantic content network came from an educational section of the project. The skepticism that comes from the client is overcome by the client again. Because a semantic content network is a common brain work. If the brains that create it do not operate together, it will fail. And, lately, I became an SEO Agency Owner, and SEO consultancy requires Human Engineering and Life Coaching. Thus, the convincing part came from the client’s consistency, and I would tell that the success of TheCoolist.com comes from the client, I was just the light that stayed around them.
- Results for the SEO Project: Averagely, extra 9,000 clicks a day are created. The results for TheCoolist.com will be getting better thanks to the concepts of “Relevance Attribution”, and “Propagation of Trust, and Quality” between “Neighborhood Content”. You can see the definitions of these specific SEO components in different SEO case studies that are written, and published as sub-concepts of Topical Authority.
- Thanks to Holistic SEO & Digital Testimonial:
“TheCoolist started as a playground for all things fashion and cool. With 10+ years of experience running content businesses, I decided it was time to take the site to a new level. We did well for a couple of years but then found that our growth wasn’t truly sustainable. That’s when I started to read everything I could about SEO, learn how the game has changed, and figure out the important signals I was ignoring.
Fast-forward a few months ago, I end up watching a Matt Diggity interview with Koray, called “Topical Authority Changes the Game”. And boy was it a game changer. While Koray speaks quite fast on hard-to-understand topics regarding patents and next-gen SEO, I couldn’t stop listening. Although I had almost no understanding of the concepts Koray was using, the inner voice was telling me it was all correct. Like 1+1 = 2 in math, it felt like everything he was saying made sense, everything was connected to things Google has been asking from publishers.
When the TheCoolist and Holistic SEO partnership started, the learning curve was steep for the team. The very complex terms used in our weekly calls seemed like we’ll never get to fully understand the big picture. I was afraid our writers and editors would just come up one day and say “we’ve had enough, this is too hard”. But I was sure it was the right path, so I pushed everyone to listen to a podcast, read an article, or check a YouTube video, as many times as possible to make sure we got the concepts right. And it paid off. We’re now stronger than ever, TheCoolist is growing, and the partnership has turned into a beautiful friendship as well.
Thank you Koray for teaching us what SEO actually is. It was hard, it was painful (sometimes still is) but I have confidence that it will pay off.”
Founder of TheCoolist
The initial organic search performance increase thanks to semantic SEO and Topical Authority practices are below.
The initial organic search performance increase thanks to topical authority and semantic SEO for the specific case study subject website from GSC is below.
The 2 monthly later version for the Ahrefs Graphic with the same project is below. From 800,000 to 2,000,000 organic clicks for Ahrefs metrics are reached out.
The first results and organic search performance development for the specific project from GSC with naked data are below.
The initial search engine ranking results for one of the subfolders that were created by expanding the topical map with the help of the Source Context concept are below.
The later stage Organic Search performance increase for the same case study subject website from GSC is below, the daily clicks amount exceeds 30,000.
Sixth Website: Over 320% Organic Click and 413,000+ Total Ranking Query Increase
- Background of SEO Project: Complaintsboard.com has many disadvantages compared to its competitors. The biggest PageRank hoarding sources on the planet are review websites since everyone links the review source from their homepage with a specific fancy widget to show the prospects their reviews. ComplaintsBaord.com has a long-story and brand existence, but it doesn’t have enough level of reviews or website-tree organization, and PageRank to compete against TrustPilot.com. Thus, the project had to focus on web bloat cleaning, and removal of non-quality reviews, facelift, and many other areas.
- Topical Map of SEO Project: The biggest problem of the specific Topical Map that does exist inside the website is the repetitiveness, and the being stale. The reviews from 10 years ago stay on the website of a company that is already closed. And, the entity-oriented search principles are not followed entirely. For instance, for every attribute of an entity, there should be a new web page based on the search demand, but the reviews are not categorized based on these types of differences. Thus, company pages, contact pages, and review pages are merged slowly as possible, while the passive part of the website is no-indexed and removed over time continuously.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: To expand the topical map of Complaintsboard.com, the company attributes and business-related other side sections are used. The attributes and reviews are matched as much as possible. The company’s missing parts or missing company information are converged to other attributes to take relevance from a search engine point of view. For the top 500 companies, automation with certain content item templates (which will be explained in the course) is used, and for some others, the basic information organization has been done.
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: The biggest obstacle to a semantic content network of Complaintsboard.com is the lack of workforce since the website has over 5,000,000 URLs, the progress was slower, but it is still improved over time thanks to NLP and automation.
- Results for the SEO Project: Despite the website losing all the broad core algorithm updates since 2020, it has gained the first core update, and protected its place. For the 2022 September BCAU, it is slightly affected negatively, but compared to competitors’ loss, the website improved its prominence and prioritization for the same category of websites.
- Thanks to Holistic SEO & Digital Testimonial:
“Working with Tugberk as a guru of Holistic SEO for 2 years changed my understanding of how search engines see websites. Slowly but steadily, we have improved the performance of the website. Content delivery to users became faster than ever before. Discovering new things brought new energy to our team at the time when ComplaintsBoard.com got hit by Google updates hard. I am confident that cooperation with Holistic SEO will help to fulfill the full potential of ComplaintsBoard.com and make it the most valuable platform for resolving consumer complaints.”
Owner of Complaintsboard.com
Seventh Website: Over 350% Organic Click and 210,000+ Total Ranking Query Increase
- Background of SEO Project: The specific project’s name is hidden due to an NDA. The company is from NASDAQ, and they decided to bring 3 more projects after the first successful one. The specific project focuses on 3D printing, Laser Cutting, or any kind of Machinery Industry for prototype production, and serial production. Since it is a B2B Project, the details are put into the B2B SEO Case Study further.
- Topical Map of SEO Project: The topical map of the website wasn’t structured at the beginning properly. It needed to cover comprehensively the materials, chemical processes, material shaping, tools for material shaping, and overall purposes and types of metallurgy. But, in the beginning, the company had only the non-structured services web pages. The actionable items on the landing pages reflect the “prototypes”, “shipment”, and “designs” for the 3D printing, but none of the specific concepts, or steps are not defined.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: Expansion of the topical map involved restructuring and redefining the source context, and brand identity with certain contextual bridges. The expansion of the topical map focused on materials, 3D Printing, laser cutting, configurations, threaded holes, machining, or polycarbonate types of sub-topics, and connected contexts.
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: The company is too big and too official. Thus, the technical SEO vertical is not effective enough to show the value of the semantic content network by decreasing the cost of retrieval. The company has too many service pages for the locations without a proper internal link structure, and the forum section of the company also creates a dilution for relevance consolidation. But, this is one of the best samples for having a real expert author team, thus it has the biggest advantage for showing true expertise.
- NDA between the Client and HSD:
Results for the SEO Project: The organic search performance changes can be seen below.
The updated version of the same screenshot for the same website three weeks later is shown below.
The weeks-later version of organic search performance is below.
Three weeks later updated graphic is below.
Three weeks later organic search performance for the subject website for the 6 month SEO performance comparison for the B2B SEO Case Study subject website from laser cutting, and 3D printing is below.
The last 16 months of organic search performance change for the subject website without using backlinks, or PageRank, with only Semantic SEO, is below.
Three weeks later, the website continued to reach out highest organic search performance rankings, and 2,000,000 extra impressions while increasing its average position from 32.1 to 31.9 were acquired.
Eight Website: Over 350% Organic Click and 68,500+ Total Ranking Query Increase
- Background of SEO Project: BKMKitap.com SEO Case Study has been written in the context of the Importance of Entity-oriented Search to explain how connected components, attributes, and entities help an E-commerce project to outrank its own highly authoritative and high-PageRank owner competitors. BKMKitpa.com became the largest 6th website in Turkey in the e-commerce category thanks to semantic SEO and Entity-oriented search understanding. The Project is a bookstore. Thus, the authors, book genres, and book readers’ audience demographics are used to increase Topical Authority further.
- Topical Map of SEO Project: Topical Map of the BKMKitap.com SEO project represents an existing website, and how the existing website can be changed. The Topical Map focused on mainly the e-commerce content of the website by providing information about the book genres, and book types along with the authors. In the context of entity-oriented search, Sergey Brin performed research called “Extracting Patterns and Relations on the web”.
He patented the explained research with the “Information Extraction from Database”.
Later, SYSTEMS AND METHODS FOR GENERATING EXTRACTION MODELS followed Sergey Brin’s invention which is important for web page layout understanding, and structured components’ relevance to each other. The prominent part here is that we have Justin Boyan in this invention.
Since I didn’t share that much patent information until now, I will try to keep the rest of the article that way.
The specific patents are mentioned to show the prominence of the databases, and information extraction for the search engines that need patterns that come from semantics. And, Sergey Brin directly uses the “regex” for “Amazon” which was the biggest bookstore at that time. The same methodology is used 22 years later in my SEO Case Study to help Google to extract information from the database that I am creating.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: To expand the topical map of the book store, the e-commerce pages’ content is expanded with the data that is relevant to the authors, and book genres. In the e-commerce pages, whether they are about books, books, or student-related needs, the information is kept solely for commercial purposes. The contextual bridges between commercial and informational pages are adjusted with proper anchor texts and the query’s nature. BKMKitap.com went from 750,000 clicks to 3,200,000 clicks. During its own journey, sometimes, it lost some of its attraction. Thus, the topical consolidation and topical gaps concepts are used to close the gap between the books, and student-life-related necessities. For example, books for students, books for school, and books for other types of needs are used to bring the web pages closer to each other as much as possible.
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: The main obstacle to the specific semantic content network was the workforce. Thus, the heading count, paragraph count, and fact count are kept limited to create enough difference. To create enough difference, we focused on publication frequency with more related entities as much as possible. Including an entity inside a web page should be different from keyword stuffing. There is no difference between keyword stuffing and entity stuffing. Thus, giving a different fact per sentence was a strict rule for authors.
- Results for the SEO Project: The project became the 6th largest e-commerce website in Turkey. It acquired over 350% organic click increase which means from 750,000 clicks to 3,900,000 clicks.
- Thanks to Holistic SEO & Digital Testimonial:
“In our journey of growth and development in BKMKitap, the impact of our SEO work with Koray Tuğberk Gübür is growing. We have carried out multiple studies at the same time in the field of Technical SEO and Semantic SEO, and we have achieved visible growth. With the transactions we have achieved, our goals are expanding, and we are developing our company in line with innovation in terms of both content and technique. Thank you for helping us regain lost organic traffic and move quickly on the right path.”
Haluk Bolaban – Marketing Director of BKMKitap
Some of the result metrics of the specific company are below.
Ninth Website: Over 200% Organic Click and 210,000+ Total Ranking Query Increase
- Background of SEO Project: Diyetkolik.com focuses on dieting, health, well-being, and fitness along with calorie calculation. The website heavily focuses on calorie calculation, but the main issue was technical SEO implementations, distracted organization, and user-generated content. Thus, there was a need for certain rules and reorganization in the company. Thanks to the leadership of Enis Gogus, his friendly nature, and semantic SEO implementations on the website, it was able to recover from the previous periods’ loss with higher traffic.
- Topical Map of SEO Project: The repetitive content due to user-generated content was one of the main problems for the topical map of the SEO project. Thus, removing and uniting repetitive content for recipes, and focusing on the repeated concepts indie the repetitive content by differentiating them from each other was one of the key points for a consistent information graph inside the topical map.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: The topical map of the project mainly focuses on calorie calculation and food recipes from the dietitians. And, the main issue here is that the topical map didn’t cover the nutrients, amino acids, or other types of ingredients, minerals, and well-being, fitness-related strongly connected components. Thus, the topical map of the website has been expanded. During the expansion, a second project has been created from the 0.
- Obstacles for the Semantic Content Network: The main obstacle was the organizational expansion of the company, while also creating a second website. Thus, Holistic SEO & Digital had to create a new set of authors teams for multiple projects while behaving like a human resources agency. Human engineering and resources are a part of the SEO Consultancy even if it is not written in that way. Thus, training authors, hiring, firing, and making a better set were one of the tasks. Another obstacle was scaling the content with the budget of the company. But all these are overcome during the journey of an SEO campaign. Besides workforce-related obstacles, for Diyetkolik.com, one of the major obstacles was differentiating the content networks between two different websites while also merging the content on Diyetkolik.com. The merge on Diyetkolik.com was problematic because user-generated content owners needed to be convinced. Thus, the human side of things was heavier than the algorithmic side of SEO in this project.
- Results for the SEO Project: Diyetkolik.com reversed the negative effects of the 20202 Broad Core Algorithm Updates. The 2020 Broad Core Algorithm updates are mainly about trustworthiness, and quality information, rather than relevance. Thus, providing quality, and accurate information helped Diyetkolik.com to recover and reach the previous organic traffic peaks.
Tenth Website: From 0 to 1,000,000 Organic Clicks a Month
- Background of SEO Project: The specific project’s name has been closed to protect the project’s current state. After having a certain amount of “Topical Authority” that is increased thanks to “historical data” that feeds “search engine trust”, it can be disclosed. But to help the SEO Community, and Holistic SEO followers, a certain amount of information will be given. First, the specific results come from the success of the learners of the project. In other words, my direct input is not needed in these results, but the training, methods, and strategies come from my teachings. Thus, these results make me even happier, because it shows that the Semantic SEO and Topical Authority Course that I will be launching will be successful, and trainees are able to repeat the process. But there is a simple thing here to understand. When I launch the course, since everyone will be handling the “Macrosemantics” easily, we will need to optimize the “Microsemantics” better and better. Thus, after the course launch, when we create a Holistic SEO community, we will need to optimize the semantic content networks with minimal relevance and responsiveness optimization processes further and further. The little things will be more important than ever for SEO. That’s why the project name has not been disclosed yet. That is why you will always need to learn semantics, natural language processing (NLP), natural language understanding (NLU), and natural language generation (NLG). In other words, even if you are able to learn semantic SEO well if someone does it better than you, your entire semantic content network can be demoted. This is also the reason that I will be launching my own course, even if some people tell me to “not publish it” because they think that way, my agency will lose its advantage, which is not even possible. When I disclose the names of the beta-testers of the Semantic SEO Course, you can ask this question to them, and they can explain to you how hard to have a “structured and disciplined mindset for semantics” with a “proper thought stream”. Lastly, semantics is about “how you think”. If you do not know how to think properly and efficiently, it is not something that can be learned in a few days. That’s why I tell that lawyers, sociology or psychology readers, and learners are better for Semantic SEO naturally. In my situation, I read Greek philosophy, history, political science, sociology, and geopolitics for the last 10 years, so it is easier to think without the fear of being labeled.
- Topical Map of the SEO Project: The Topical Map of the project focuses on certain types of beliefs, and belief structures for specific types of numbers. And, macro-contexts and micro-contexts, along with the adjacent contexts are chosen properly for the content briefs, and the definitional, comparison, explanatory sentences are ordered correctly with accurate information, and synonym phrases to consolidate the contextual relevance further and further.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: To expand the topical map, the comparison articles, and other types of belief-related things from the same context should be processed such as destiny, zodiac signs, or personalities along with the guide-related articles for the specific entities and concepts by including popular culture and celebrities. The related search activities and possible search activities should be covered with every possible answer route, and search session context.
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: The popularity of the topic creates a need for continuous improvement. Thus, a future SEO Case Study which is called “Comparative Ranking” will be explaining the need for continuous semantic search optimization for new information, or new queries. New expressions, new connections, or new expressions with different formats for different audiences, and visuals are needed to open the quality and responsiveness difference compared to the competitors’ content networks. Comparative Ranking is a concept related to quality thresholds because quality thresholds change based on competing documents and web entities. It means that the best quality article today might be the least quality article in the future which explains that the web sources that lose the Broad Core Algorithm Updates in the context of organic search performance are not non-quality, or bad, but they are relatively regressed sources. Thus, the semantic content network should always be improved, especially if the topic doesn’t require a high level of expertise, creating the real information and expertise difference is harder, which explains the need for unique expressions, or mixing structured and unstructured language.
- Results for the SEO Project: I have shared the results for the project by emphasizing the section that my direct output is not used directly, but it excites me for the future since we will need to focus on search engine communication in the context of SEO, and microsemantics way much more in the future, because you will be doing the same types of semantic SEO and Topical Authority projects in the future.
The first result is shared below.
The second result is shared below.
The SEMrush tool gives different metrics, as below. I can tell that the actual traffic numbers are between both of them. But in any case, going from 0 to 1,000,000 clicks per month on a website in 2–3 months is a huge success, and it is all thanks to the semantic SEO teachings of HSD and the high-level learning ambitions of the trainees, whose names will be disclosed later.
Eleventh Website: Over 100% Organic Click and 210,000+ Total Ranking Query Increase
- Background of SEO Project: Dear Dean Scaduto and Dear Kevin Farrugia came to my house in September 2021, and it was one of the moments that I realized that I am able to transfer my information to others when they actually ask many questions related to my semantic SEO related thought-stream. Since I promised personally, I won’t be able to give that much detail about their project but to be helpful to the readers, and to you, Dear Researcher, I will explain the key points in the context of Topical Authority. The specific project focused on affiliate marketing for different types of home-related furniture, and utensils. Dear Kevin Farrugia is a talented author of semantics and training him for article writing, and Dear Dean for content briefs, topical maps, and semantic content networks was a pleasure for me.
- Topical Map of the SEO Project: The topical map of the project was disorganized and didn’t cover most of the specific entities, attributes, and related queries, along with questions that come from the specific entity-attribute pairs, and association contexts. Thus, due to the time limitation, the “content brief template”, and “content article template” are created symmetrically for certain types of entities so that a semantic content network can be created faster, and continuously, even if I am not there to help them further. This was the option that we had to choose because
- How to Expand the Topical Map: To expand the topical map, lexicaosemantics, and query templates are used to cover all the entities from the same level and context. For example, if the topical map involves a certain type of home furniture, the materials, purpose, place, and style of the furniture are used to create new “sets”. The entities from the same set are connected to each other and along with to side-contexts. The entity set is a related concept to “is-a” sentence structures with definitional nature. Every definitional “is-A” sentence connected a specific entity to a specific type which is actually a set.
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: The main obstacle to creating the semantic content network is the time for the required project’s training needs. Thus, “semantic content networks” are constructed over a “content item brief template”, and “content item article template”. The “content item” is called to describe any kind of content particle whether it is a web page or paragraph. But, the “content item brief” represents a specific content brief that involves contextual vector, hierarchy, connection, and structure while a content item brief template represents a templatic article creation strategy. I call all these practices “content engineering”. The main benefit of content engineering is that the methodology helps an SEO to examine the specific content’s well-performing and underperforming sections while allowing you to update the entire semantic content network in certain ways.
- Results for the SEO Project: The company created over 90% organic and consistent growth. The project had some other issues in terms of rankings during the core algorithm updates, but the newly published content especially helped the initially published articles while gaining overall authority.
The Ahrefs screenshot from Dear Dean is below.
The Google Analytics Home graphics are below.
The start date is chosen below in the Ahrefs Graphic, and the current state of the project can be seen below.
My humble and messy office with the Dear Dean Scatudo, and Kevin Farrugia is below.
A second photograph for a sweat memoir is below.
The testimonials will be given after the first Semantic SEO Course launch process.
Some Other Topical Map Expansion Examples
- Background of SEO Project: ABCFinance.com is a similar project to Roxiecosmetics.co.uk in terms of its problems with ranking. The negative ranking state that keeps the websites in a negative ranking plateau affected both websites while making the improvements harder. Thus, both of the websites couldn’t continue the topical authority-gaining process, because of the online recession during the pandemic, and all the semantically optimized and algorithmically written content reversed the ranking state from negative to positive after the BCAU in May 2022.
- Topical Map of the SEO Project: Topical Map of the project was distracted and didn’t have any kind of organization. Thus, semantic SEOs should choose the topical gaps between the topical centroids inside the topical map. A topical centroid is a specifically important concept to define multiple other concepts from a point of view. For example, if the source context here is mortgage calculation and application, the inflation definition, or the interest calculation formulas are different topical centroids. The centroids have gaps and distances between each other that should be closed, and connected with the contextual bridges. In ABCFinance, the client wanted to be the top authority for every specific mortgage and finance topic. He was one of the kindest people that I have ever seen in my career, and the company had enough personality and culture for SEO changes, but not the conditions. Thus, for these types of situations, explaining to a client that the project needs further speed and aster monetization even if they are not aware of that is significant in terms of using topical authority methodology.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: To expand the topical map of the ABCFinance, PageRank Sculpting, and query semantics are used. Because, without having a proper PageRank distribution for an existing website, and a query network to rank and prove the trustworthiness of the source with expertise, it is harder to start with existing websites for topical authority methodology. Thus, Semantic SEO should remember that to use topical authority on an existing website, business consultancy and affecting the website’s perception from a search engine point of view are needed. The previously old and important concepts might not be important as before, or they might be needed to be replaced on the Homepage, and some other information retrieval points on the website. ABCFinance.co.uk experienced a similar situation, the existing topical map is expanded towards the types of loans, applications for all loans, differences of mortgage compared to other loan calculation methodologies, annuities, banks, bank types, funds, and fund types are connected with the existing central sections of the semantic content network.
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: The authors of the outsourced agency were not good enough to maintain the content production speed or the necessary quality of content creation. Thus, the owner of the company has been tired more than it is necessary. The content audit, revision, and implementation of content configuration needed with content engineering became harder because of the pandemic conditions, and online recession.
- Results for the SEO Project: The company was able to reverse its negative ranking state, and rank higher thanks to the May 2022 Broad Core Algorithm Update of Google by proving its increased quality, and relevance for the existing and topically distributed query networks.
- Background of SEO Project: Roxiecosmetics.co.uk is a similar project to ABCFinance.co.uk. Both of the projects and some other projects that are not listed here will be processed together in the “Ranking State” related SEO guide and explanations to help SEO Consultants, and Website publishers they can understand that they should not leave their SEO efforts half, and incomplete even if there is an economic crisis. Because, the negative ranking state can be reversed, and the website directly can start to rank higher, and just because the company stopped optimization of the content network semantically, the organic search performance improvement might be hindered. The Roxiecosmetics.co.uk belongs to a kind soul that I remember with his good intentions. The company focuses on cosmetic products from different genres, such as lipsticks or nail products, and lip balms. Roxiecosmetics.co.uk didn’t have any kind of informational content in its web source, and another big issue was the URL parameters that bloat the website while creating problems for ranking signal consolidation and continuation of the indexing. The informational content sprints are created to be merged with the products, and commercial learning queries are not informative or commercial entirely. Google doesn’t use the traditional commercial, informational, and navigational query classifications, and they have thousands of unique search intent and behavior patterns that explain the connected and sequential search sessions.
- Topical Map of the SEO Project: The specific topical map of the project focuses on the products, product attributes, prices, shipment, and buying experience. But, products didn’t have a proper categorization or string, and topical differences on enough levels to signal which product should rank for which query network that the search engine processed and parsed in sub-topical nets. Thus, the internal links between products, and products and blog pages are re-designed. The technical SEO tasks of the company were problematic due to the Shopify background of the specific website.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: The topical map of the project focused on the definitions of the specific products, genres, and types of the products, the brands for these products, and their connections to the using these products. In other words, the query templates such as “how to use”, “best”, and “what” are taken as the macro-context of the specific content network. To take the attributes of these specific products, attribute classification is used, as in Google’s Biperpedia. Biperpedia is not explained yet, in any of the case studies, but in the future, it can be done.
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network is finding good authors. Since we couldn’t find third-party sources, Holistic SEO & Digital has written the articles to support the company at a really low price. Thus, the project stayed sustainable to help the client, and the results came after the Broad Core Algorithm update.
- Results for the SEO Project:
- Background of SEO Project: The project Realtygroup.property has Arabic, Russian and Persian languages, and it focuses on real estate investments and property selling. The project used the content network of a previous website with a more clear technical SEO background but with 0 backlinks, and the same content ranked higher, which approves the concept of ranking signal dilution and consolidation. The company focuses on guides, localities, property types, and their intersections for the targeted audiences’ languages. The only problem here is that the company has lack SEO culture and collaboration, thus the efficiency of the project is lower, and it requires further training.
- Topical Map of the SEO Project: Topical Map of the SEO project focuses on localities and mainly the citizenship of Turkey for foreign audiences, but it didn’t provide any expertise for the citizenship process or real estate investments. To handle and improve the topical relevance and contextual consolidation between the different topical map segments, the source needed to process the property concepts, and further locality-related attributes to connect citizenship, real estate investment, and locality-related living conditions.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: To expand the topical map further, the most popular localities, real estate property types, adjectives, and genres for the real estate properties, and citizenship and life in Turkey-related guides and documents are created as an overall guide. To expand the topical map, “popularity” is important because, to make a search engine construct an index, the query needs a higher prominence and quality score so that it can be a centroid inside a query cluster. The issue with this project is that it translates all the documents into other languages even if it doesn’t have any search demand. The multilingual SEO and Multiregional SEO Case Studies are written for explaining the need for symmetry, but also for Cost-of-retrieval for SEOs. Any web page that doesn’t satisfy the search demand criteria with a high level of similarity will be a problem for ranking signal dilution and consolidation.
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: Due to a lack of client education, the specific project doesn’t have enough level of training, or a good amount of writing experience to comply with the Algorithmic Authorship Rules of the SEOs. The semantic content networks should be created with certain rulesets that change the sentence structures, or question-answer formats as much as possible. The semantic content network of the project has ranking signal dilution and also broken format issues along with a mismatch between the briefs and the articles. The mismatch between the articles and the briefs makes the analysis of the specific article, and content network for SEO performance harder.
- Results for the SEO Project:
- Background of SEO Project: Barschools.net is another project with a really kind group of people that dominate the Bartender Education Courses. The source is topically relevant to education, nightlife, bartending, bar ownership, bar materials, and career decision-making. Thus, the project needed to close the gap between these specific sections, but also it needed to process the definition of the occupation which is a bartender. In other words, the occupation, tips, rules, mistakes, earnings, salaries, benefits, types, and countries for bartenders were not processed yet. And, the most important part was the drinks. Bartenders, cocktails, mocktails, and preparing drink context were not processed completely which were issues to handle and fix.
- Topical Map of the SEO Project: The topical map of the project has related parts from the bartender courses and bartending, but it had different types of gaps between the topical map centroid nodes. Thus, the cocktails, mocktails, bartender courses, education, certification, tips, personality, salary, bar types, bar lifestyle, bar materials, bartender tools, and many attributes for the specific concept have been processed. The topical map of the project involves multiple languages which are one of the problems when it comes to finding enough level of search demand. As in the Realtygroup.property example, content that is translated into the Thai Language for bartending or cocktails should be able to worth the cost of being crawled thanks to search demand.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: To expand the topical map of the specific project, the famous bartenders, bartending books, bartending mistakes, tips, rules, courses, education, drinks, cocktails, mocktails, alcohol, countries, and types of places for bartenders, bartender coaches, bartender needs from certain personality traits to the clothes are processed. The main focus of the project was on the cocktails.
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: The project has a tremendous amount of technical SEO issues even if it focuses on e-commerce for course selling. The content writing team didn’t have enough level of expertise or learning for writing the articles in a quick and well-thought way. Thus, a content manager has been trained. But, the content manager couldn’t continue the project actively, thus a road map is left to the client for further progress.
- Results for the SEO Project:
- Background of SEO Project: Fit1001.com focuses on fitness and diet, which makes it a YMYL niche website. Its topics are about health, but also it sells health products, diet pills, and programs. The project is connected to Diyetkolik.com as a side project, but since it has a Shopify structure, and since the company doesn’t have enough workforce, it has many problematic aspects such as non-optimized title tags, unnecessary and non-optimized category pages, query parameters, pagination, faceted filtration, etc. The company’s website is completely brand new, thus it doesn’t have an extension topical map, it has a creation. But, the existing structure of the e-commerce pages and the informational sections are disconnected from each other despite various warnings to the authors. The project is similar to ABCFinance.co.uk, and Roxiecosmetics.co.uk, because Broad Index Refresh and Topical Consolidation helped the source for further rankings after the Broad Core Algorithm update, but until that specific moment, the website didn’t directly rank. Due to the lack of content publication continuity, and e-commerce web page quality issues, still, 95% of traffic comes from blogs, and it is struggling because of the organizational structure of the company.
- Topical Map of the SEO Project: The topical map of the company focuses on supplements, vitamins, minerals, exercises, and their connections to e-commerce intents. The diets, diet foods, food benefits, and food minerals, or nutrients are processed together with supplements, supplement types, and amino acids. The only problem is that the articles do not have enough scientific information and background research.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: The extension or expansion of the topical map for further topical authority is amplified with the help of the good dietitian, and her expertise for certain types of queries to make the source further authoritative for some sources.
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: The diet types, diet mistakes, weight loss, weight-gaining, muscle gaining, and muscle hormones are added to the sub-topics with a proper contextual bridge between topical map centroids and the source context.
- Results for the SEO Project:
- Background of SEO Project: EB5Brics.com is a good example of an explanation of topical map creation and expansion. To choose the correct core section, and the contextual consolidation point of a topical map, the specific web source context should be connected to every corner of the knowledge base that is created. Thus, EB5Brics.com focuses on EB5 Visa which requires knowledge about immigration, citizenship, investment, and visa processes along with legal consultation and investment strategy consultancy. The project belongs to someone that I value for his kindness, thus I am happy to encounter this shrewd learner and kind person for SEO.
- Topical Map of the SEO Project: Existing topical map of the project was distracted and there were gaps between different localities, query networks, and templates, along with the conceptual explanations. The knowledge base of the project missed definitions of the concepts, and there wasn’t a proper connection between localities, and concepts, along with the tutorials and guides. The project needed branding, the popularity of brand searches, direct sessions, and unique added value for the topical map concepts, and contexts. The project aimed to create a base of search traffic with high popularity, and information richness.
- How to Expand the Topical Map: To expand the topical map, the project focused on closing the gaps between the “Citizenship”, “Immigration”, and “Investment” for “US” from other countries by processing every possible noun, predicate, and verb combinations for different context vectors. For example, “Citizenship of US”, “Immigration to US from X”, “Investment Strategies for Citizenship”, “Investment Plan”, “Investment Consultancy for EB5”, “EB5 Comparisons”, “Visa Types”, “USA Visas” and other aspects are processed with proper information points and internal link connections.
- Obstacles to the Semantic Content Network: The workforce due to the low budget wasn’t good enough, and it was taking time to produce enough level of content, for quality and quantity. Training the authors was the main problem, and the obstacle during the specific project.
- Results for the SEO Project:
Importance of Source Context, Brand Identity, and Contextual Bridges for SEO
Source Context, Brand Identity, and Contextual Bridges are the concepts used in Topical Authority and Semantic SEO methodologies. The Source Context and Contextual Bridges are concepts that were invented and defined in the context of semantics and linguistics for search engine optimization. Brand Identity is a general marketing term, but the definition of a brand and its connection to the website are its extension of the SEO. The Source Context, Brand identity, and Contextual Bridges are related to how to expand topical maps, or create topical maps for semantic SEO practices to be a Topical Authority.
What is Source Context?
Source Context is the perspective and function of the website and the brand on the open web that involves monetization, and existing purpose. The source context is to provide a proper contextual relevance between the website and the topic, because a topic can’t be defined as the same by every website, according to the purpose of the website, and the overall existing content network’s structure. In other words, the question of “what is an electronic bicycle” question should be answered differently according to the source context. If the source context is an “electric car”, “regenerable energy sources”, or “engineering”, the definition of the “electronic bicycle”, internal links, and contextual vector has to change. It means that the query context, query semantics, document context, and source context have to be aligned to have better contextual relevance.
Why is Source Context important for Semantic SEO and Topical Maps?
An irrelevant and discordant topical map with irrelevant contexts and meaningless connections causes quality score demotion from the web search engines’ point of view. This is seen in Google’s Helpful Content Update blog post by mentioning the “primary focus” of the website. Thus, the Source Context concept proves its value further, because it is a concept that has been used for the last 2 years by Holistic SEO by reading and researching the web search engine designers’ inventions on patents. It shows why search engine communication and the need for the creation of new SEO concepts for better SEO practices are related to search engine understanding. The Source Context determines the macro contexts of the documents, and the contextual direction of the content briefs, along with the topical map’s core and outer sections. The primary focus of the website signals the purpose of the source and the overall relevance and perspective between the topic and the source. Thus, in the future, AI and Automation for Content Farm creation require more responsible and responsive Natural Language Generation and better Natural Language Understanding capacities.
What is Contextual Bridge?
Contextual Bridge is an SEO concept that is found by Koray Tugberk GUBUR to deepen the Topical Authority Concept of Holistic SEO. The Contextual Bridge explains the phrase and concept connection between two different side-topics, sub-topics, or parent topics to explain the navigation purpose of a possible link by staying on the same query candidate categories, query context, and query template with different entities and attribute pairs. Matching the context, phrase patterns, predicates, nouns, and adjectives between the documents to show the similarity and ordering anchor tags, adjusting the distance between anchor tags, indexing anchor tags to match the phrase-posting lists, and main entities, attributes, and associations based on query semantics. The Contextual Bridge between two documents should come from the “source context” and “contextual domain” intersection.
Why is Contextual Bridge Important for Semantic SEO and Topical Maps?
Contextual Bridge is important for Semantic SEO and the creation of topical maps to earn Topical Authority because, without a proper contextual bridge, the internal links can’t pass relevance, or PageRank in the context of topic-sensitive PageRank iterations. The Contextual Bridge determines the topical borders based on query semantics, and content article creation process along with the topical prioritization, to close the topical gaps, and amplify contextual relevance further.
What is Brand Identity?
Brand identity refers to the visual elements and messaging that a company uses to communicate its values and personality to its audience. Brand identity is how a company shows its values and personality to its customers through the way it looks and talks. Brand identity includes things like the company’s logo, color palette, typography, and overall design aesthetic, as well as the messaging and tone of voice used in communication. The goal of brand identity is to give a company a clear and consistent image that sets it apart from its competitors and helps its audience understand what it stands for. It is an important part of building and maintaining a strong brand. But, Brand Identity in marketing and Brand Identity in Semantic SEO are different concepts. Thus, the Topical Authority concept in an academic or political environment, too. You can understand how the word changes its meaning from one geography to another, or how a knowledge domain to another. The Brand Identity in Semantic SEO involves the brand’s purpose as in Source Context, but also its attributes such as founder, mission, origin, background, staff, expertise, address, nationality, market position, its definition on 3rd party organizations, and its own information points. In other words, the source context that is created by the semantic SEO should make sense to be connected to the Brand Identity. The perception of the business and its other related, similar competitors and alternatives are evaluated together.
A brand identity, for example, with the mission of popularizing environmentally friendly fuels should have a source context for comparison of fossil and renewable energy sources and energy production methods, as well as the sale of new energy production modules and methods. If the brand identity involves the mission of installing new energy production technologies such as solar walls, the source context should involve not just the popularization, or sale, but also the installation. The brand identity points, such as sale, installation, and popularization should be connected to the brand owner, founder, staff, and background as much as possible. In this context, the topical map that is connected to the source context should make sense, and create a topical relevance for the brand’s own identity. If this specific brand processes topics such as “who is Nikola Tesla”, the source’s context should be expanded with adjacent and side contexts from the core of the topical map. That’s why David C. Taylor and Context Terms and Multi-stage Query Processing is important. The Brand Identity that involves energy prices, and costs of production should differentiate its angle for the installation of the same manufacturing methodologies for renewable energy or its comparison for the energy sources, and environmental friendliness might be more distant from the core section. In the semantic SEO course, information retrieval and extraction with semantic web search, and contextual SEO training, all these examples will be further processed. That is why no AI system or automation can compete with this level of contextual relevance and richness optimization because algorithmic authorship improves the expression of statements, facts, and declarations to assist search engines in optimizing their own indexing, serving, relevance, and responsiveness-related algorithms.
Why is Brand Identity Important for Semantic SEO and Topical Maps?
Brand Identity is important for Semantic SEO and Topical Maps to provide higher topical relevance and contextual consolidation between the brand, its products, its founder, and background and the topics, knowledge domains, and context domains that are processed. The topics consist of entities, and contexts involve attributes, while the knowledge domain involves multiple contexts and entities at the same time. The source context involves natural entities, attributes, and predicates to be processed further. All these predicates are connected to certain query templates, and query templates should be followed with higher coverage for a better click satisfaction possibility from the search engine’s point of view.
The concepts such as query templates, document templates, content item articles, brief templates, contextual domains, knowledge domains, topics, and entities are processed many times with the help of previously published SEO Case Studies. If you need further information, you can read the Case Studies and SEO Tutorials for data science, knowledge graphs, authoritative content marketing, and SERP analysis, along with the technical SEO to improve websites’ rankings from real-world SEO and marketing campaigns.
To watch the Semantic SEO, Topical Authority, and Technical SEO related Holistic SEO Approach case studies and tutorials, use the sources below.
- Newsletter: Definition, How It Works, Purpose, Examples, and Benefits - July 11, 2023
- Entity Identity Creation and Management: A Feminist SEO Case Study - March 23, 2023
- Exact Match Domain SEO: Why does EMD Work for Rankings – Case Study - February 23, 2023